Friday 18 May 2007

untitled

...



will anyone notice
will anyone care
will anyone shed a tear
for a life that no longer is
for a life that never could
will anyone remember
when I am gone
will it be too late
will I have lingered
too many breaths
too much consumed


my tears don't come today
they are afraid
they would fall an eternity
they hide
they know
no one to notice
no one to care


my scars don’t show
but be sure they are there
they are frightened to appear
for if they do, they might unheal
under a veil of smiles
under a mask of laughter
they hide well
but if you listen closely
you will see what it all means


but you will not listen
you will not care


we all have a purpose
mine is to serve
to take the fall
to absorb it all
we all live for a dream
mine is to dream
dreams that will never be
dreams that will disappear
forgotten
along with me


no one will ever notice
no one will ever care


“good riddance”
they will say
“more room for me”
they will say
“more dreams for the rest”
they will know
few will notice
none will care


but I must dream
my dreams can live
in my soul they flourish
my purpose is to dream
maybe someday
my dreams will be borrowed
and then someone will care



my dreams are memories
my memories are dreams
what is the difference
except time
and what is time
time turns our dreams to memories
memories that have
memories that never will
they are all memories
some we forget
many we don’t notice
in the end, none of us will care


1 comment:

Breathe said...

Dreaming
Floating along on a sea of dreams
Tidal waves, never an aim
Never belonging, never understanding
I savor my presence in the dreamscape
Like a god amongst Men
Unscathed in my eternal powers

And when you pass me by
Did you know you're in my dreams?
When I last smiled at you
Did you know you are the dream?

Drink of my blood, share my flesh
Walk into my dreamworld
Come witness the wheel of the world
And reign in lands that'll never be

Welcome in, have a nice day
Hold your head up high
For it's all about you
In ways only you will ever see

Stripped of reality and sanity
Don't dictate to me what I should do
Free of all ties, I finally believe
In my self-created world
I live for the dreams

By Breathe